About Stacey B:
I am a writer disguised as a full time corporate lawyer for a global financial institution living in New York City. During a typical workday, I’ll disguise my “lawyerness” by having incredibly important discussions about personal relationships, what was on TV last night or exchanging stories about the strange and crazy things that people do each and every day. It’s the peculiar and amusing things, waiting to be discovered and written about, that get me out of bed each morning. Well, it’s those things, an annoying alarm clock and a paycheck. Otherwise, I’d go jogging in Central Park, read great books and take leisurely naps all day to avoid my three-hour daily commute.
Some random facts about me:
- I have often been known to recall, word for word, multiple scenes of the following movies: Dirty Dancing, When Harry Met Sally, The Sound of Music, Father of the Bride, The Little Mermaid, Field of Dreams and Office Space.
- I was born with an inexplicable gift for dominating in Ms. Pacman and ping pong. I have no modesty or mercy when it comes to these two activities.
- My husband is a voiceover actor who gets to hang out in our apartment most days playing video games in between auditions and gigs. This makes me very jealous, but he swears that the party only begins when I get home from work. He is trying to turn one of our only closets into a voiceover studio. He’ll soon be able to literally go to work in his underwear, which makes me even more jealous.
- I was a regulatory lawyer working in the Lehman Brothers’ Legal Department before and during the bankruptcy. That was interesting. I got laid off by Barclays and still cringe when I walk past the old Lehman headquarters building on 7th Avenue in midtown Manhattan. Being laid off was one of the scariest, most stressful and unsettling times in my life. It was also the single most creative period of my life – I worked on my Bachelor blog, wrote a book and started to launch what is now hopefully going to be a creative writing career. That’s right, I said it. WRITING CAREER. Here goes nothing.
- I retired as a New York City marathon runner at age 28 as running 26.2 miles all in one day, two times in one lifetime, is more than enough.
- This retirement excludes jogging in Central Park multiple times a week in the warmer weather months and the occasional 5 and 10K races which are far more manageable than marathon training.
- I am a survivor of a carcinoid tumor found in my small intestine. Carcinoid is a rare, slow-growing cancer most often found in males over the age of 60.
- I have been dumped numerous times, by numerous boyfriends, acquaintances and in one instance, mid-way through a third date. I’ve also had to cancel a wedding which is no easy feat.
- I’ve been the dumper in a handful of situations, which still sucks even if it was my decision.
- I once spent a summer teaching tennis but the last time I picked up a racket, I couldn’t keep the ball within the fence.
- My grandmother’s first cousin’s granddaughter is the lead singer of the hit ’80s band, The Bangles. She may walk like an Egyptian, but Susanna Hoffs is Jewish and has no idea that I exist.
- I am left handed, played Varsity softball in college and think that fielding first base is the best job there is in the world.
- My sister has four boys, including toddler twins and I have no idea how she keeps it together.
- My parents call me multiple times a day, still think that I am their child and secretly hope I will move back in with them one day.
My I Love The Bachelor / Bachelorette Blog was created in January 2009 for reality TV fans who enjoy the show as much as I do. I am the TV Couch Critic of The Bachelor/Bachelorette for Radio & TV Business Report, a website publication which averages over 100,000 visits per month. I’ve also appeared on ABC’s 20/20 in an on-air TV segment focusing on the phenomenon of The Bachelor franchise. You can see my published writing by going to the Media section of OfficeStace.com. I am currently working on a non-fiction book. Stay tuned!
I would love to hear from you about this blog or if you have feedback on something I have written elsewhere. Please reach out and make a new friend. I love meeting new people and hearing your thoughts! Just consider me your virtual water cooler colleague in the most ideal office space you could create for yourself. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check back on Office Stace regularly and if you like what you read – please share it. You can also find me on Twitter: @OfficeStace or on my Office Stace Facebook page: www.facebook.com/OfficeStace
Love your work,
About Office Stace:
Thanks for checking out OfficeStace.com. We are a Relationship, Humor and Lifestyle blog (With a Love for Trashy Television!)
The blog is divided into 3 main sections:
(1) The OfficeStace blog – which captures the day-to-day adventures of Stacey B, a full time working lawyer with a 3 hour daily commute from and to her cute husband;
(2) I Love The Bachelor / Bachelorette Blog – because who doesn’t love this show? and
(3) The Relationship Judge – where you tell us an issue about a relationship and we judge you. Whether you personally have an issue or you’re seeking advice about someone else, you’ve come to the right place.
Contact Stacey B:
If you have a writing, speaking or TV engagement for Stacey B, please contact her at email@example.com
Thank you for visiting!