I hate to admit it, but I’m almost a bit Bachelor-ed out after the last 48 hours. Not sure there’s more to say other than what has been discussed already, but a few more comments on last night’s show:
(1) Sean noted in his blog today that the reason he gave Selma the boot was because she would not compromise regarding the polar bear swim. Can you blame her? Just because Sean and some of the ladies found stripping down to almost nothing and submerging themselves into freezing cold water a “thrill,” not everyone will (obviously, Tierra didn’t). Sean says Selma wasn’t even willing to discuss the matter and once she makes up her mind on something, she “never changes her mind.” Despite her beautiful boobs, her beautiful face, her intelligence, her 110 lb body, her spider like rock climbing skills and her ability to compromise regarding the “kiss” on camera stuff, Sean was not impressed enough to keep her around. Amazing that he finds someone like Tierra more appealing than Selma or Sarah at this point. I wonder if he regrets this all looking back.
(2) I’m ready to book a trip to the Canadian Rockies right now. In case you were as amazed as I was at the beauty of Alberta, Banff and Lake Louise, it’s time to start booking your winter getaways! Oh and if The Husband is reading this – I wouldn’t be opposed to celebrating our March anniversary at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and doing The Bachelor Package! For all those curious, the rates are from $339 per night and you need to travel between now and April 30th. The package includes a room, breakfast, parking and some snacks – but you can go see and do all the activities they did on the show. My question is whether that amazing ice castle which was designed for Catherine and Sean’s date would still be there. I’d like to see those ice pillars with the roses inside – very cool and Beauty and the Beast-ish. Not sure I could be convinced to do a polar bear plunge, but as Selma so smartly put it – it’s not really a once in a lifetime opp ; should she so be inclined, she could come back and do it later.
(3) Tierra is taking a lot of heat for her behavior the last couple of episodes. Based on Chris Harrison and Sean’s blogs today, THEY are doubtful she truly had hypothermia last night. My favorite quote from Chris’ blog today:
It’s hard to tell where the truth ends and the drama begins with Tierra, but in this case it was probably somewhere between getting back to the hotel and the time Sean crawled into bed with her to once again console her and make sure she was okay. You have to admit she’s good at pulling the wool over Sean’s eyes and getting his attention.
So Tierra gets injured, but she’s certainly great at the recovery and milking every second of her drama (some of which is self created) to get Sean’s attention. I think she tunes in very well to Sean’s need to “be a man” and a “comforter” and a “protector.” He’s very Papa Bear and Tierra is as needy as they come. She needs a comforter and protector and she melts and bats those eye lashes any time he gives her the least bit of encouragement. This may be a bit deep here, but I think that satisfies some deep sub-conscious testosterone driven ego dimension. How’s that for a theory?
(4) AshLee is also digging into Sean’s deep need to be a comforter / provider type. That whole blindfold thing to give over control to him was both intense and insane. We see from the previews that AshLee is blurting out the big “I love you” to Sean and I already want to stop her because she seems to fragile and I just have this bad feeling she’s going to get hurt. Plus she already feels “abandoned” as a child, so what will it mean when the guy she loves “abandons” her after she’s given him “control?” MORE THERAPY and ORGANIZING for her.
(5) I love how Lesley M took control of the situation this week. Did anyone notice how tan and ripped of body she has? She was super smart to immediately volunteer to go with Sean in his canoe. I loved how she rebounded from last week’s drab discussion of Tierra with Sean to them exchanging all sorts of flirtatiousness followed by some kissing. Side note: Lesley M does have a very particular kissing style which we’ve gotten a ton of footage of from their world record kiss. The Husband tried to show me how Sean kisses all his women with this wide open mouth lip smacking thing and I have to say – I was completely grossed out.
(6) I’m still sad about Sarah. I’d love to see her as a Bachelorette, but she’s going to need more confidence to really carry an entire show. Selma is overflowing in confidence, but a show about a non-religious Iraqi big boobed hot chick from a Muslim up-bringing who won’t make out on camera will be a tough sell.
(7) So Sean reveals he picked Dez for a second date because he felt she was losing confidence during their Montana time together (who wasn’t losing confidence?). I was pretty shocked to find out about her poor roots and trailer park residences. Don’t they make each woman fill out a financial background check? Oh wait, no, I think only Emily Maynard made the producers screen her men. But it’s ok, because it sounds like Sean’s dead set on being the breadwinner anyway. He’s all back into Dez again – thought this one was slowly fading out, but after their tree climbing, I think it’s back to being “on.”
(8) Can we just discuss how cool of a person Catherine must be? She was basically taken out into a tundra, given a glorified onesie to put on for the day and endured some of the coldest date weather known to mankind. She never complained once! Not only that – but she just enjoyed every second of it and brought out the goofy side in Sean. Can you imagine if Selma was given a onesie and asked to play in a windstorm all day? Her lipstick would have frozen. Tierra would have ended up with hypothermia again but Catherine acted like the plan to roll outside in the freezing cold in a snowsuit was the greatest date idea she could have ever imagined.
(9) BREAKING NEWS: There will be a “Sean Tells All” 1 hour special airing on ABC, Tuesday, Feb 19th at 9 PM EST / PST. Sean will discuss the season, what the deal is with Tierra and we’ll get to see some clips. I think last night’s show had such high ratings (even going up some strong competition) that ABC is anxious to maintain it’s #1 ranking. Another 2 night Bachelor week. HOLY COW!
(10) Hard to believe we’re already down to our last 6 ladies. It’s Lesley, Lindsay, AshLee, Catherine, Dez and Tierra. Hard to imagine any of these ladies going home (except for one) as they all have some sort of connection with Sean at this point. Not sure we’ve ever had a final 6 where really any one of them seems to be a potential “pick” for the Bachelor.
I’ve got Nashville tonight and some other shows to get through. Sounds like we’re getting a blizzard on Friday – so there will be plenty of time to catch up! Til next time, please “Like” my Facebook page: http://facebook.com/OfficeStace or “Follow” me on Twitter (@OfficeStace). You can also find me on Instagram (@OfficeStace). Oh and don’t forget to submit your questions for The Relationship Judge - thanks!