I’m so annoyed because the DVR did not record the first 20 minutes of tonight’s show. Horrified and screaming, I managed to get the show on in time to see the very end of Sarah’s date. I LOVE Sarah and apparently so does everyone because “Sarah and Sean” was trending on Twitter. What did I miss??? Luckily, Sean Lowe’s abs (who still have their own Twitter feed – @SeanLowesAbz) summarized their date by saying they went down a building together. Ahhh – the adrenaline date. Hormones are flying all over the place, feelings are intensified and the girl is left wondering how on earth she can possibly recapture that feeling while watching her new boyfriend goes on dates with 20 something other women. The first date girl can rarely keep it together and 99.9% of the time, end up crashing and burning. For Sarah’s sake, I hope she’s the exception, but I’m not sure it will happen – she’s already admitting that she’s falling in love. YIKES.
Some of tonight’s noteworthy discoveries:
- Sean loves ethnic women! I really liked that Robyn went right up and asked him what his deal was in that regard. She’s a brave woman and he gave a PERFECT answer. His last girlfriend was an African American woman! This opens a whole new set of women who may go far and I’m looking forward to seeing it.
- I am absolutely terrified of Kristy the model that “won” the Harlequin book cover competition on the group date. I’m fairly certain that she may double as an assassin / karate instructor with the amount of energy she has and any time she smiles, I am afraid her teeth are going to catch something in them. She needs to take it down about 10 notches.
- I loved when Sean said that Sarah gave him butterflies and he wanted to kiss her. That’s basically the only part of their date I saw. I HATED the group date because it was only set up to piss off the people who weren’t kissing Sean or jumping up and down like hyenas in excitement such as Kristy.
- Amanda with the yellow dress with rose shoulders, gigantic toothed smile and anti-social behavior is almost as scary as Kristy. I get that hanging out with a bunch of your boyfriend’s girlfriends may not be the most thrilling time of your life, but you’re on TV, at least pretend to be social. The flip that got switched when Sean entered the room was mind blowing. It’s like someone blew some life into her. Completely mind boggling and even more so that Sean bought it.
- Tierra is losing it right before our eyes. If we had a barometer at the bottom of the screen, it would have sharply risen tonight. As much as the other girls are annoyed by her, I still don’t see her craziness just yet. I bought her speech to Sean that she’s “out of her comfort zone” and it was making her act strange. Very understandable. After all, it’s not normal to be dating a guy and have a bunch of other women after him at the same time. I’ll give her a pass this week. But next week looks completely insane. I did love, however, Tierra’s complete repulsion by Kristy’s hair extensions. As if she had never seen anything as hideous in her whole life.
- I still love Lesley the Political Consultant (who’s really an Admin). Particularly when she felt her chance was blown to get a kiss from Sean and she went right back to go get him. It’s going to take some ambition to make it in this competition. She also happens to have an amazing body and is very pretty.
- I am terrified of Katie’s hair. The Husband thought she might be part sheep. You’d think Kacie B could have at least given her some tips based on last season, but that was not to be. I’m convinced Katie left the house, not because she wasn’t comfortable with the process, but rather, because she forgot her deep conditioning moisturizer and anti-frizz hair products. I’d be out of my comfort zone too.
- Speaking of Kacie B, while I loved her last season, she’s seeming a lot more desperate this season. Ok, maybe desperate is a bit strong, but I hate seeing Kacie B trying to convince yet another man that she’s worth keeping around for another week to get a rose. It bothered me, particularly when pretending to be concerned and serious at Katie going home, when really she was happy. Kacie B – you’re better than that. I’m glad she’s happy that she’s out of the “friend zone,” but not sure she can surpass the chemistry he’s already developing with some of the other girls.
- The Desiree date was pretty ridiculous but I love that he calls her “Des” already. I love the idea that they are testing these ladies’ senses of humor – but what else was Des going to do but be nice? I wonder what Tierra would have done. They do seem very comfortable around each other and Des is certainly a front runner at this point. When they started talking about their parents’ relationships and what they want with their lives, it sounded like something clicked for both of them. The Husband laughed when she came out of Sean’s house wearing the lavender bikini. I told him that all these girls carry a bikini with them at all times. It’s mandatory operating procedure for being on the show.
- We saw Sean’s abs so many times tonight, that I stopped counting. The guy loves being shirtless.
- I’m glad Lindsay redeemed herself a bit tonight after that stupid wedding dress arrival. They had a nice conversation
- I am glad Sean sent home Diana (mother of 2 from Utah) if he wasn’t feeling it. He’s a nice guy (minus the dumb pranks he likes to play).
Alright, so that’s all for now – if there were any amazing parts of Sarah’s date, please tell! I love her!