For the second time this week, I watched Michelle Money’s Bachelor in Paradise, Part 2. Only this time, I saw it with my parents and had to translate what was happening at each commercial break. They couldn’t remember who was dating who. They couldn’t hear what anyone was saying through the music. They didn’t understand the purpose of the show since it wasn’t for money (good question, they didn’t really explain that). They kept asking how long the season would go (another good question, this is also unclear) and what was going on with Jackie’s boobs. Truthfully, that last part was the most confusing. I think we all agreed that she got bad implants.
General comments and then I’m calling it a night. I have a headache from trying to decipher why Graham is still interested in AshLee and how anyone could find Jesse Kovacs attractive.
- I’m really sad that the whole meltdown once Graham left the rose ceremony was NOT that he rejected her and she went into a tailspin resulting in an ambulance ride to some mental relief center. Seems like Graham and Lacy either ate the wrong thing or were drinking too much.
- Not sure why AshLee wouldn’t chase after Graham when her man is clearly not feeling well and Michelle rushes back to get him water. If she was remotely interested in the guy and not just looking pretty for the cameras, shouldn’t she have tried to help him out? She’s an ice queen. It’s really irksome that he hasn’t figured this out already.
- I felt bad for Clare that she finally got the “he’s just not that into you” truth out of Zack, but had respect for her that she didn’t drag it out any longer. Once she got the news, she decided she was done. I don’t think she actually looked like a big fool for calling it a night early. She chose to walk away instead of trying to hold on to someone who was giving her “red flags.” Good for her, she’s growing.
- What I didn’t understand is why Zack didn’t then go back after Christy once Clare left. He didn’t want Jesse’s sloppy seconds? He had a sudden change of heart for Jackie’s odd boobs?
- The fact that Michelle Money has zero interest in Cody is so blatantly obvious that it makes me feel uncomfortable watching them together. As my mother said – what does a mid-30s something single mom want with a 25 year old single guy? She should be looking for an older guy – perhaps someone divorced in their 40s who’s a bit more experienced, mature and looking to settle down (but not completely overwhelm her). He’s known her for 48 hours and is ready to propose. And this after he was so sure that he was there for Clare. I get yucked out just from seeing his little puff of blonde hair, obscenely muscular body and intense piercing blue eyes. Poor guy has no idea what he’s getting involved in with Michelle.
- Best part of the episode was watching everybody react to Marcus’s little love speech for Lacy. I cracked up the whole time and so did my parents. It was borderline ridiculous. They’ve known each other maybe a week at this point. I’m guessing they will be engaged by the finale of this show, whenever that is.
- Lucy looked very pretty during her brief time on the show, better than Juan Pablo’s season. Christy is absolutely beautiful, but not sure she’s got the wits to see Jesse for who he is. Not exactly sure what happened with Lucy getting into bed with the two of them, but don’t really care.
- I’m thrilled for Sarah and Robert!!! I really hope they can make it work because they seem to have a very strong friendship between them underlying whatever romance they have. Are we only going to see Sarah wearing black from now on?
- Marquel went from having 3 women after him to zero. Things change quickly in Paradise.
My mother is showing me Carters outfits online and my father is snoring away on the couch, so it’s time to call it a night. I miss The Husband and Wally who are at home while Ellie and I decided to escape to the suburbs for the night. Off to bed here…
OH AND IN CASE YOU HAVEN’T HEARD, WE HAVE A NEW BACHELOR – IT’S CHRIS THE FARMER. Arie the Race Car Driver from Emily Maynard’s season tweeted yesterday that he wasn’t chosen. Apparently he’s pretty bitter about the whole thing. The Bachelor has its work cut out for them – how will they make 25 women vying to be a farmer’s wife in Iowa seem interesting? Will they move the show to Iowa? Will they wear overalls and plant things? Milk cows?