Hello, Bach Fans!! I’ve missed you! Welcome back to another amazing season of la la land. I have been waiting for JoJo’s journey as Bachelorette ever since Ben Higgins chose Lauren B last season. Staring into Ben’s dreamy baby brown eyes (still was hoping he would pop out of one of the limos tonight pining for JoJo), I fell in love with his inability to hold back from declaring love for JoJo. Who wouldn’t love her? She’s funny (hilarious outtakes of her doing curl-ups with a glass of wine), smart (all the other girls flocked to her for advice), articulate (she’s confident, classy and a people person) and has the most amazing Bachelorette hair we’ve ever seen. Yes, JoJo is the perfect package (minus her two intense brothers). I’m crossing every finger and toe for her that one of these
duds dudes is HER dude.
Lots of over the top introductions straight from the limos. And even before that we got a gorgeous shot of JoJo walking down the beach, rocking a bikini. You can love her for her mind, her personality, but you can’t ignore her insane body. Not to mention that the dress she wore tonight just hugged everything in exactly the right way. Yes, I have a crush on JoJo, just as I loved Ben.
So as much as I love JoJo and need her to prove to us that there’s another man out there as perfect as Ben (is this actually true besides The Husband?), I’m not feeling very hopeful after watching tonight. My general feelings about the guys are this:
- There are a lot of guys named James.
- There were about 5-6 guys that she could have (should have) sent home right away. These include the 2 drunk dudes that couldn’t hold it together to avoid busting in on her solo interviews, the guy that jumped into the pool, the awkward kiss guy and some of the intense dudes (don’t know there names yet – they just seem very serious and gave me the creeps).
- I didn’t feel that gentleman spark that I felt when meeting Ben – an absolutely stunning tall, dark and handsome gentleman, small town dude, legit job who was ready to settle down. That was Ben in a nutshell. Maybe he was a bit boring, but he was real. There do seem to be a handful of guys (if not more) that are just there for a good time. Example – the Superfan contestant? That’s his actual job? I can’t even remember if he got a rose, but REALLY?
- 3 Texas boys.
- THANK GOODNESS NO JAKE PAVELKA. When he first walked on the set, I said to The Husband, “Oh no!!! Not this ass clown!!!” Some of you may feel differently about Jake. I will never forget that interview he did with his ex-choice as Bachelor, Vienna. He was so disrespectful to her and I just can never imagine him as anything other than a failed Bachelor experiment who has been trying to live out his 30 seconds of fame. See here:
Some of my favorite entrances tonight:
- As cheesy as it was, I loved Santa. The Husband felt he must be badly sweating and wondered why he didn’t remove his costume at some point. Joke’s over, Santa. I did love how St. Nick kept saying “Jo-Jo-Jo” throughout the night. JoJo’s heartfelt, “Hi Santa!!!” greeting was said with so much enthusiasm, it just made you picture her 5 year old inner child.
- Robbie who arrived with a bottle of wine – that seemed to impress JoJo and be right up her alley. She even commented that her mother would like him. Hmmm, I wonder why.
- Wells was one of my favorites of the pack, and even more memorable than bringing the singing group was his declaration to JoJo of, “You are so out of my league.” Humble Wells. I like him.
- I loved James Taylor and his guitar singing. I’m not sure he can carry a tune very well, but he’s charming in a Woody from Cheers kind of way (at least that’s my first impression). JoJo called him “smart” later on during a one on one interaction, so maybe there’s potential there.
- Unicorns and motorcycles don’t really do it for me, so wasn’t too impressed.
Other Noteworthy Moments:
- Aaron Rodgers’ brother (I can’t remember his name, so poor guy will be identified by his brother for now) getting the first “real” kiss and impression rose. I really hope this guy doesn’t become JoJo’s final guy merely by process of elimination. Couldn’t ABC have found some more Ben types? Even the other Ben from Kaitlyn’s season would have outmatched any of these guys. Is it too late to campaign for him to come back?
- I find many of these men simply unattractive. Sorry to say this – but the first night is a lot about initial impressions and chemistry. Maybe they’re running out of men and Kaitlyn got the last great batch? I was completely not into Grant, Chad (is he the one that told JoJo that he’s not in a financial position to find a wife? Is that a disguised way of informing her that he’s loaded?? She doesn’t need your money, Chad – she’s plenty loaded on her own), Brandon with the long hair, Evan with the side parted long floppy hair and Daniel.
- Ali is Iranian – and into wooing ladies with his intense classical piano playing and 5 o’clock shadow. Joelle’s mother was raised in Iran and she is Persian (her father is from Tennessee).
- I REALLY hope this isn’t a season where Joelle falls for all the wrong types (bad boy Chad who seems to have violent tendencies via the previews??). I love JoJo and want her to find Mr. Right. I just don’t know if I see it with this group of dudes. If I HAD to pick someone
If I had to choose someone, though I really don’t think I’d want to at this point because I’m personally not feeling connected to anyone, I think JoJo’s top prospects are:
- James Taylor
I think the Aaron Rodgers’ brother is a bit over-confident and I need to know he’s on this show for more than just publicity. First impression rose rarely wins it all. He really seemed to be the only guy with confidence, that wasn’t awkward and who could carry an actual normal conversation with JoJo. Of course she’s falling for him. What does she have to choose from???
Ok, here’s where I pause, remember that I have to get up in 6 hours and ask what you all thought of tonight’s premiere. I think we can agree we’re all on Team JoJo, but the question is – would you choose any of these men for her? Do any of them hold a candle to Ben? I’m sad to say that I don’t see it. I wanted some amazing, out of this world types for her to choose from and I just don’t think we’re seeing it. I’ll remain hopeful for her that “Other Ben, Ben Z” will show up, or we get a couple of wild cards thrown into the mix. Fingers crossed.