Can Jimmy Kimmel be on The Bachelor every week? I haven’t laughed so hard during an episode in years. The true reflection of it being “amazing” ($1 to the jar) is The Husband stating at the end of the episode: “I’m not going to delete this one. I may want to see it again.”
Sending Chris and the Canadian Kaitlyn to Costco for a date? Brilliant. Telling the ladies he would need to make love to each of them to test them for Chris? Awesome. Asking Kaitlyn point blank if she’d forgive Chris for sleeping with two other ladies in the fantasy suite? Priceless. Jimmy gets straight to the point. He’s honest. He says what everyone is thinking. That is why I love him.
So this may have been one of my favorite episodes in decades. But first, a little Bach news:
Desiree Hartsock (former Bachelorette) married Chris Siegfried over the weekend. The pics are forthcoming in Us Weekly’s magazine that comes out on Wednesday. They live in Seattle together and are happier than ever. Which is a big victory for The Bachelor since Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray split.
But back to tonight. The bold lipstick on so many of these girls is freaking me out. I wonder if Chris said he’s attracted to that and now all of them feel the need to wear it. In so many of the Kaitlyn date scenes, Chris’s lips are bright red before we even see him kissing her. I loved their Costco date. Kaitlyn was probably seriously bummed – “Wait, we’re really getting out here?” she says when they approach the Costco entrance. Then she tries to make light of it by saying that there will be other wonderful dates in the future for them and of course she appreciates a “real” date. I think it’s great that they do normal dates because nothing will be more down to earth than moving to Iowa and living on a farm. They need to do more farmish type dates. I like Kaitlyn’s sense of humor. Even her red lipstick doesn’t upset me too much. She seems very sophisticated though for farming life and I think she’d grow bored. I do like her narration of what’s happening in the house.
The wedding crasher date was odd to me. I mean, I know it was meant to be spontaneous and fun, but I thought it was kind of rude. Maybe this couple didn’t want all of international television witnessing their wedding. Plus weddings are intimate events – it was kind of disrespectful for two strangers to show up and pretend to belong. I think Chris is better than that. Whitney was looking for a way to stand out to him and I guess she earned it. I can’t get past her voice, though. It’s a deal breaker for me personally. And I don’t like that she talked him into doing something that wasn’t very nice. Now if the bride was an obsessed Bachelor blogger or fan, that’s another story. I also thought for a split second that they were going to get down to where all the people were and find out that it was a funeral. That would be awkward.
The group date was pretty entertaining. Jillian needs someone to buy her a pair of shorts that cover her lady parts and the back garage. I feel gross just being exposed to too much of her. I find her overly aggressive in a masculine way but Chris doesn’t seem bothered by it. What is up with the Ashley Virgin’s Kardashian obsession? She really thinks she’s one of the K-dash sisters. Her laughing / crying confession to Chris was just scary. We also got a glimpse of the Virgin Kardashian without any make up and it didn’t look like the same person.
Some additional thoughts on this week:
- We’ve seen absolutely ZERO dialogue between Chris and Samantha (brunette with striking blue eyes), Chris and Nikki (former NFL cheerleader, another brunette), Chris and crazy blonde Ashley (she looks like a possessed robot walking around) – I wonder if we’ll start to see anything notable.
- I am getting frustrated by Chris still keeping Mackenzie around. She’s 21 and it’s really starting to show. Asking Chris about his kissing of other girls. Um, you’re on The Bachelor. That’s what The Bachelor does.
- Oh, Juelia. Poor, Juelia! I don’t know what you do with someone like Juelia. First off, it’s hard to really focus on her horrifically tragic story when she’s wearing that ridiculous beaded headband and the bright pink lipstick w/ false eyelashes. Is Chris even allowed to send her home once she’s bared her soul to him? How does she feel comfortable revealing this information as their first conversation on international TV? Is she really ready for a relationship? How is she leaving her daughter behind to come on the show? I truly feel sorry for her, but I think pulling Chris out of a pool of bikinied ladies to tell him about a suicidal former husband is a pretty risky move. He couldn’t have been more comforting about it, but I just don’t think she’s emotionally ready at this point to start fresh.
- I liked Jade. She was clever to get Chris to take her to his house and she wasted no time in seducing him. Anyone who can walk around in those ridiculously high white stilettos and do a running leap into a bed without breaking their neck gets major points. I don’t really remember her before this week, but she’s cute and seems normal.
- I also really liked Becca. And the fact that she didn’t force the kiss on the group date. That certainly earned her the date rose and Chris’s respect. She’s like the one girl who didn’t kiss him yet.
- There are a bunch of blondes that I can’t tell apart. Carly the cruise singer is I think the winner of the group date farm obstacle course? I give her one more week in the house. She’s too sweet and Chris just doesn’t seem all that interested.
- Britt’s connection with Chris is taking a beating with all of the other ones developing in the house. All she can do is stare into his face and attack him with her pouty red lips. He’s not complaining. These two have absolutely nothing in common, but they look good together.
- One of my favorite parts of the show was Kaitlyn’s comment about how Chris giggles like a girl and her laugh is manly. So true!
- Amber got eliminated tonight which is too bad. I really thought one of her breasts were going to pop out of her dress when she was making out with Chris. She was one of the most naturally pretty ladies in the house. I was also sad to see the Natalie Morales look alike leave without us getting to know anything about her.
- I can’t tell what Chris is into. But with Whitney, it was the first time that he was actually showing signs of being really into her instead of the all the ladies going after him. I feel like Whitney is different from the rest of the girls. She’s just a sweet, doting, placid person who might fit the profile of farm wife better than anyone else in this group. Hmmmm.
- Kelsey’s really cute and genuine. I hope she gets some Chris time.
My favorite Jimmy Kimmel line of tonight (to Chris as he’s about to go into the rose ceremony): “Whatever you do, don’t be yourself. Be someone that makes much better speeches.” Classic.
I’m still very impressed with the ladies on this show. All very attractive and only 2-3 crazies so far. It’s very possible that Jillian is having an affair with one of the other ladies. I just hope they can catch this on camera and have Jimmy Kimmel come back to deal with that situation.
Happy MLK day, Everyone. Hope you enjoyed the weekend! Now tell us your favorites…