(1) We finally learn that there will be an ending to the season. We still don’t know how or why or in what way – only that next week is the finale and EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE. I was starting to think that we could stay in Tulum for years and just watch couples make out and steal each other’s dates as there seemed absolutely no point to the show. I doubt my opinion will change much after the finale next week.
(2) I forgot how effeminate Brooks was from Desiree’s season and now I can’t picture him ending up with a woman. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. When he broke out the nail polish for Jackie, this sealed the deal. Seems like a very nice guy and I hope he finds the right man.
(3) The editing on this show needs improvement. Christy was wearing the same outfit in her side interviews when she spoke about how special Jesse Kovacs was. Then 30 seconds later she talks about what a “douche bag” he is and goes off on him. Which is the same outfit she was wearing for the gang up on Jesse farewell. Did they tell her to say nice things about him at first so she could bash him later? They should have at least made her change clothes. There was also confusing editing with Sarah’s decision to stay with Robert. They made it sound like she was going to “break up with him” – I’m pretty sure she said that she was going to do that before she got his letter to meet her on the beach. This doesn’t make any sense to me and seemed very set up by the producers. Sarah has searched for so long for someone to make her feel special and that’s a quality guy. Robert fulfills everything and more – why would she throw that away for a chance to be with Brooks? Was Michelle pissed that she was stuck with Cody and didn’t have a chance to start a relationship with a man from her home state (Brooks is from Utah too). They also made it seem like Michelle couldn’t take another second with Cody – then all of a sudden she’s having nighttime, fireside beach chats with him and deciding to just go with it. Is she actually interested in dating the blonde incredible hulk? He’s known her for a couple of days and is saying he’s in love. WHAT??! She is definitely acting – there’s no way she’s interested long term. If he can still be into her after witnessing those white feather drop earrings, she best reconsider her feelings for him.
(4) Best line of the night – Graham’s description of AshLee’s reaction to him not getting a date card, “She’s going to cut someone.” So he acknowledges that she’s insane, but chooses to stay with her. Sad man.
(5) I like Tasos and Christy, even if they are a default couple resulting from Jesse being a scumbag. The sad thing is that Jesse has zero remorse for how he treated these women and for referring to Tasos as “Tacos.” Zack-Jack(ie) are an interesting pair. Ok, not really.
(6) I was thinking about being an 80s go-go dancer for Halloween and am wondering if I can borrow Lacy’s pink tie dye outfit and some of her blush. Is that stuff in style? Maybe it is and I have no clue. I also feel a serious need for the side French braid and head bands in general after watching this show.
That’s all I got.
The Husband and I are going to battle next week over the big television in our apartment as its Monday Night Football. How on earth will Bachelor in Paradise compete with opening MNF night?? YIKES. Happy Labor Day weekend and end of summer. I’m wishing you all a slow, easy transition into autumn!